Dark Fellows

Get My Updates By Email

Thursday, April 17, 2014

#1110 Me Vs Sew Fun

Pillowcase dress for lil Zaraa
Last week I made a pillowcase dress for Zaraa. It's super easy to make. You can get the tutorial here. Easy to follow from start to finishing line. Suitable for a beginner like me. Thank you theribbonretreat.com for the helpful source.
For those who are not familiar with 'pillowcase' dress, here are some examples of this so called dress for you to get the ideas of what I am talking about. These pics are taken from google images. So now you get it don't you. There's tons of tutorials online on how to make this kind of dress. Trust me, it's sooooo easy.
If you ask me why this is called 'pillowcase dress', I don't know the answer. I just take it as it is. Just google if you're interested. (if there's any)

After a few days, I made another dress for Lil Zaraa again. This time it's a wrap dress from prudentbaby.com. It's a remake from the one I did the other day. Please refer here
Wrap dress/halter neck dress for lil Zaraa
The wrap dress from Prudent Baby.
This second trial is easier to make compared to the one I made earlier.
My 1st attempt of making wrap dress. It's too long.
What say you?
2nd attempt. View from the back

Last weekend we were invited to a friend's housewarming party. Managed to buy a good orchid for the host!

Still don't have idea what to do with this cotton.


Sharing this entry with Show And Tell Friday by Cindy at My Romantic Home.

3 comments:

Crochet Hooks said...

Great job on the dresses! We make pillow case dresses out of a pillowcase for Little Dresses from Africa. They are quick and easy for sure!

Anonymous said...

These are so unbelievably cute! Your pillowcase dresses are perfect. I might just have to try to make one again for my little girl this summer!! Thank you for the inspiration. If you have a moment, I would LOVE for you to link this to my weekly beauty party. Please and Thank You!!
-Kat
http://www.confessionsoftheperfectmom.com/2014/04/21/monday-morning-makeup-madness-party-11/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking up to Monday Morning Madness. I hope to see you again this week :)
-Kat
www.confessionsoftheperfectmom.com